Reed Consulting, Inc. (RCI) was founded in 1999, RCI is a privately owned company doing business as a registered Texas Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio. Our relationships with our customers are supported by a sourcing network of companies and contacts in the United States and around the world. RCI’s consulting operations reach directly to these companies and individual contacts worldwide. Providing services in advertising, marketing, and business development. RCI’s core team of principals and direct associates act as RCI Client/Project Consultancy Managers within their area of expertise.
RCI is a boutique consulting firm specializing in strategic, tactical, operational and performance enhancement services for organizations. We excel at transforming challenges into opportunities – and we hit the ground running.
Who are we? We are a group of seasoned professionals with extensive experience in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. Areas of particular expertise include crude oil and refined products sourcing and acquisition, supply chain analysis and management, commercial real estate loss mitigation, online marketing and business development.
What do we do? We leverage the power of practical, technical and expert knowledge to help organizations and individuals respond to external, internal, and specific performance challenges. Our services include strategic , tactical and operational planning advice, project communications and performance enhancement services, including performance metrics design and management.
How do we do it? We listen. We apply a wealth of knowledge, insight, and experience. And then develop a plan that we feel will provide our clients with an effective, tailored solution. Upon consultation and approval from client – We Execute the Plan!
What makes us different? We are lean, nimble, smart, sophisticated, motivated, and energized – by our clients’ objectives, not our own agenda. And we prioritize performance, not profit — performance in client satisfaction; innovation; integrity and honesty; and discretion. And we produce results!
- Strategic network optimization, including the number, location, and size of storage, distribution systems, and terminaling.
- Strategic partnerships with suppliers, distributors, and customers, creating communication channels for critical information and operational improvements such as supply sourcing, shipping, and third-party logistics.
- Product acquisition life cycle management, so that new and existing product sources and customers can be optimally integrated into the supply chain and capacity management activities.
- Information technology chain operations.
- Where-to-make and make-buy decisions.
- Aligning overall organizational strategy with supply strategy.
- Needs resource commitment.
- Sourcing contracts and other purchasing decisions.
- Production decisions, including contracting, scheduling, and planning process definition.
- Inventory decisions, including quantity, location, and quality of inventory.
- Transportation strategy, including frequency, routes, and contracting.
- Benchmarking of all operations against competitors and implementation of best practices throughout the enterprise.
- Milestone payments negotiation and management.
- Focus on customer demand and habits.
- Daily production and distribution planning, including all nodes in the supply chain.
- Production scheduling for each manufacturing facility in the supply chain.
- Demand planning and forecasting, coordinating the demand forecast of all customers and sharing the forecast with all suppliers.
- Sourcing planning, including current inventory and forecast demand, in collaboration with all suppliers and shippers.
- Inbound operations, including transportation from suppliers and receiving inventory.
- Production operations, including the consumption of feed-stock, yield and flow of finished products.
- Outbound operations, including all fulfillment activities, storage and transportation to customers.
- Order promising, accounting for constraints in the supply chain, including suppliers, refiners, distributors, and other customers.
- New Customer acquisition